Beginning to Intermediate Motion Technique and Jumps • Beginning to intermediate Dance Technique • Beginning Stunting Skills or willingness to try • Loud Voice • Tumbling expectations: None
- Sideline will run mid July-October. We are still confirming practice days/times with the WLWV School District.
- There are no tryouts for sideline teams. Everyone who registers will be on a team. All athletes will start team practices in the Summer within their grade group.
- Starting in June, squad members will learn cheers online (provided by coaches). In person practice are scheduled to start 1x-2x a week in mid July (days/time/location TBD).
- All members are invited to attend a 4-day camp at Empire Athletics July 10th-13th. The team will learn some cheer basics to kick off our season (motions, jumps, stunting and participate in tumbling). Details about camp are available in the registration packet.
- In the Fall, squad members will cheer at home football games, and playoff games 1x/week. The team will cheer at a random selection of West Linn Youth Football games.
- This team is great for athletes looking to learn more about cheerleading, or for those interested in participating in evaluations for our competitive program in September.
- The registration period for this team is April through early May.
- Jewelry is not allowed to be worn at practices, team events, or competitions. Do not get a new piercing.
- Nails must be cut short. Fake nails are not allowed.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to qualify to register for our 2023-24 competitive cheer program, eligible cheerleaders must participate on our Sideline Team. This is a requirement because we teach basic skills/technique needed for competition season during our sideline season. We are building on skills all year! A second registration period for our competitive team will happen in September. There will be additional fees to continue through the Winter, then what is outlined on the Sideline Season registration packet. Competition packets will be available after Labor Day.
Beginning to Intermediate Motion Technique and Jumps • Beginning to intermediate Dance Technique • Beginning to Advanced Stunting Skills or willingness to try • Loud Voice • Tumbling expectations: minimum of a Forward Roll, Cartwheel and Roundoff. Working running or standing Back Handsprings and higher.
- Runs late September - early March in tandem with Sideline cheer
- Practice 2x-4x/week. 2-3 hour practices
- Competitions are on Saturdays and/or Sundays almost all weekends in Jan-Feb
- Must participate in Sideline Team in order to register
- We are able to take a maximum of 25 athletes on this team
- Informational Parent Meeting will be held on 9/7/23
- Team evaluations will take place on 9/12/23
- Competition Choreography Dates for the 2023-24 Season: 10/14-10/15 (all day commitment, cannot be missed)
- The week of Thanksgiving – No Practice
- The week of Christmas – No Practice
- Jewelry is not allowed to be worn at practices, team events, or competitions. Do not get a new piercing
- Nails must be cut short. Fake nails are not allowed. Nail polish is not allowed at competitions
- Higher time commitment level – For the success and safety of the competition team, we ask if you plan to miss more than 3 practices (Oct-Feb), or competition choreography (10/14-10/15), that you only participate on the Sideline Team
- Missing more than 3 practices may result in being moved to a team alternate
- Great for athletes who are interested in a competitive sport or trying out for high school cheer
Please contact Coach Melia with any questions regarding Team Evaluations or team placement.